Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Easter Gift

 


Spring is trying to arrive. Easter is coming and I've made a sweet little linen and lace egg ornament.

I am definitely a mixed media artist and I love the versatility of the SweetCut Dies.

To make this, I cut a pair of egg shapes from linen. Added a lace hanger and stuffed with fiberfill.

Next, I cut a trio of butterflies using the solid back piece of the Flutterby 2 die. One from lace, one from velvet, and one from sheer trim. Simply sew onto the ornament with beads for the bodies.

You can easily make a basketful in an afternoon.

Happy Sunday everyone.

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- I have never used the dies to cut fabric or lace- love it!

Roxie said...

Clever use of the butterfly die, thanks for sharing.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful Easter ornament, I love the added butterflies with the pearls.