Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Happy Birthday Christ the Lord

 For my post today, I wanted to share the Stained Glass Nativity card I made to celebrate the birth of Christ the Lord.
  I stamped the image onto Parchment Vellum (after first swiping the vellum with the anti-static pad), and then embossed using Queens Gold EP. I colored the image from the reverse side using Copic Sketch markers using small flicking strokes from end to end. Once each color was dry, I would blend using the next higher color. For each color , I generally used at least three colors.
  The background is called Faux Wood, and seems appropriate for a baby born in a stable. The next layer is a shimmery Gold cardstock from Paper Temptress.  I added rhinestones that were colored with Copic YR24. I added a touch of Stickles to the star and the halo.
  I cut a piece of plain white cardstock that fit just inside the brown rim of the image and attached it to the back of the vellum using spray adhesive.

Supplies I used to make this card:


Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

5 comments:

Gail said...

Lovely Card - Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus - thank you for coming to save us from our sins! ENjoy your day!

Dorothy S said...

Thank you for the greeting, and for including the true meaning of Christmas. This a lovely card - great image and great on vellum.
I have a greeting on my blog for one and all: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/2014/12/merry-christmas-to-you.html

Sherrie K. said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Sherrie K

Donna K said...

Absolutely stunning! Your stained glass is so beautiful, Shelly. What a perfect card for the perfect birthday!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, beautiful coloring and I love the colors you used especially the bright yellow in the window.