Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nature/Center-Step Card

Good morning! I guess its my turn to introduce myself....I'm Sandie Lobbezoo from Michigan. I'm feeling quite honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer this month at SweetStamps! 
A little about me: First, I'm a redeemed sinner, saved by Jesus Christ; I've been happily married 36 years; we have six children (four married, one engaged, one single).We have seven grandchildren, with one more due to appear right after Christmas! My DH is soooooo patient and supportive! 
I've been doing crafting and artwork of one type or another all my life, but card-making has really become a passion. I love to share my creations with the people God has placed in my life...and they seem to enjoy them! I'm hoping YOU will enjoy the items I share with you during November here at SweetStamps!
On my blog you'll find many, many cards I've made the past several months using SweetStamps dies and stamps!

Today the card I'm showing is already on its way to Wisconsin for my "little" brother's birthday...he's now 57 years old!


I have combined two challenges in this card: the monthly technique challenge which is a "Center-Step Card" and the weekly challenge which is "Nature". Since I needed a masculine card the "Nature" theme was perfect. I even addded a few real leaves to make it more out-doorsy!
The lovely tree stamp I used is a SweetStamps stamp "Tree #1"...as is the "old fashioned wish" sentiment (inside).  And the picket fence on the front of the card is a CheeryLynnDesigns die "Garden Gate" which I also purchased at the online SweetStamps store.

Other ingredients:
Circle die - Spellbinders "Anglaise Lace"
Ink - TH Distress "Walnut Stain"
Metallic stud embellishments - Michaels


Thanks for stopping by today!
There is still time to enter both challenges: the "center-step card" challenge goes until Nov.14 @ 11pm and the "Nature" challenge until Nov.11 @ 11pm. Join us for some fun, inspiration and prizes!

2 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such a lovely center step card! LOVE how it seems to be even more 3D with the center step panels on each side having the tree image stamped on them! LOVE!! Beautiful design! So excited to have you guest designing with us!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your design and how you used the trees on the outside panels of the step card and as your focal point. Beautiful finish on the inside and love the real leaves. Thanks for joining us as this months guest designer looking forward to whats next.