Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Give them a gold star


Hi! It's Candy with a creative twist on a gift tag.

I started with the Star Bezel. Made from bookboard, this star is lightweight, but super strong.


First, I went around the edge of the bezel with Metallic Silver 3D Enamel Gel.


 Then, I filled in the center with Metallic Gold 3D Enamel Gel.


Using a pen, I dragged the silver into the gold. Be careful to wipe off the pen each time you drag it so your colors don't blend too much.


 When dry, it looks like this.


 Then, I added a coat of Instant UV Resin and cured it under a UV light, so it looked like this.


Next, I stamped on the top with StazOn ink. StazOn is made to stamp cleanly on the shiny surface of the resin. I coated it with another coat of resin and put it under the light again.

Then I added a couple of butterfly stickers and another layer of resin to get this result:


By coating the piece with Instant UV Resin in between each step, the butterflies seem to fly above the background.

Now it is ready for a ribbon or twine to attach it to a gift package, a vase or a card front.

For more ideas using Globecraft & Piccolo products, visit my blog.


1 comment:

Robin Horasanian said...

Wow, this is pretty! Nice project!